Thursday, August 9, 2012

Baby #2 Is On It's Way!

     If you haven't heard our good news yet, I'm more than happy to share that Kevin and I are expecting baby #2! This little one is due February 28, 2013 (although I'm going to just assume it won't be until March.) I am 11 weeks along today. That means the baby is now about 2 inches long from head to rump and by the end of the week will be about 2.5 inches.
     This pregnancy has been different than Ryder's in that I have felt a lot sicker, a lot earlier. Hopefully as I get into the second trimester I will start to feel better. I have also already started to show, which has been tricky since we weren't telling people until just yesterday. I have been wearing looser clothes to hide my teeny bump.
     I had my first appointment with my new doctor yesterday and it could not have gone better! I love our doctor! She is so enthusiastic and bubbly but really sincere. One thing I really wanted to talk about was the issues we had with Ryder having been so small and what we can do with this pregnancy to keep a better watch on that. It was like she could read my mind! The first thing she said after coming in and congratulating us was, "OK, we need you to have a bigger baby!" I was so relieved she was on the same page as us. She made sure to reassure us several times that this time around we would be keeping a very close watch on the growth of this baby, especially in the third trimester. I feel very good about this doctor :)
     Another really fun part of the appointment was that we got to have an ultrasound and see the baby. With Ryder we only got to have one ultrasound at the midway point, so I wasn't expecting one this early. It was incredible to watch our little one already so active and squirming around. It was so cute because the baby had it's legs stretched straight out just relaxing! The baby is actually measuring 2 days bigger than 11 weeks, so that's good, let's hope it stays that way!
     Ryder knows about the baby but I know he doesn't really understand what it all means. It should be very interesting when this little one is born and Ryder isn't the only one anymore. Ryder will be about 2 months away from turning 3. To be honest, it's terrifying to think about having two, when some days I feel like I can barely handle one! It will be an adjustment for all of us, but we are so beyond happy to become a family of four :)
 Our sweet baby


 This one was showing the heartbeat


 Another shot zoomed out a little


Since it can sometimes be hard to tell what you're looking at, I outlined and labeled this one to show what everything is. I love the legs sticking up! I'm sure I won't think it's so cute once the baby is bigger!

4 comments:

mamatons said...

I am so happy for you! Two is different and a lot of work but so worth it...especially when Jaymz plays with Kalvyn and Kalvyn gets super excited!

mattyanddeidre said...

I'm so excited for you! Having a baby is always nerve racking I think, no matter if it's your first or second. It's going to be so wonderful to Ryder as a big brother!!

Jodi said...

So exciting! Congrats!

C*K*J said...

I am sooooo excited for you!!! Such great news! I can't wait to have another crop of littles running around!! XOX