Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I Am Now a Quarter of a Century Old

Yesterday was my 25th birthday. 25 seems pretty crazy because I'm now halfway through my twenties. I still can't believe sometimes that I'm married and have a little baby. Life moves so fast! On Sunday we had a birthday dinner for me. My parents and Colby and Rashell came. Also Kevin's grandparents, aunt and uncle, and brother, Brett, came. It felt so good eating outside in the backyard and just hanging out with everyone. Instead of cake this year, i wanted cupcakes. So Kevin and I made a TON and had fun decorating them. We still have a LOT leftover, so i might just have to eat a few ;) Yesterday was a really fun day. Kevin had to work but he woke me up before he left singing happy birthday to me. Then after he left, Ryder and I had a lazy morning spent cuddling mostly :) He was being so cute and was making the sweetest little coos for me. Then my mom called and invited me to lunch and shopping in Orem. So i hurried and got Ryder and myself ready and we drove down there. We met up with Colby's fiance, Rashell, at Jason's Deli. I had never been there, but it was really good. Then we went to the mall to do some shopping. It has literally been FOREVER since i have been shopping in an actual mall. Probably since the beginning of my pregnancy with Ryder. I didn't even know where to start! I ended up buying some really cute things and I'm glad Rashell and my mom were there to help :) I'm so proud of Ryder; he has been starting to stretch his feedings out a little more lately. Yesterday he went three hours between feedings and allowed me to shop uninterrupted! He's such a good little baby. When i was on my way back to Sandy, I called Kevin and asked if he could maybe get a cold glass of water for me when i got closer to home because it was so HOT and i was so thirsty. When i pulled into the driveway, there he was waiting for me with a nice big glass of ice water with two straws. One of the straws had a birthday candle sticking out of the top, hahaha. He's such a thoughtful guy :) We put Ryder down for a nap and I opened a present from Kevin. It was an adorable picture frame that i had wanted for Ryder's room. Then when Ryder woke up we went and got In and Out for dinner. It was soooo yummy. We usually never eat fast food because first of all we are too poor, haha, second because Kevin is more of a healthy eater than me and doesn't like it that often... So that was a real treat ;) It was a great birthday and thanks to everyone who sent me birthday wishes!!

1 comment:

C*K*J said...

So glad that you had a great birthday!
I have 10 years on you and I still can't believe that I am married and having a baby! Surreal!