Monday, August 9, 2010

Our Anniverary and Other Summer Fun

This summer is seriously flying by! I cannot believe it's already August!! Today is a special day for me and Kevin; it's our 3rd anniversary! In some ways it feels like we have been married so much longer than three years because we have had so much fun and so many adventures :) I will always look back with amazement at how Kevin and I came to know each other (If you don't know the story, Kevin was my brother, Colby's, trainer on his mission in Texas and I wrote him a letter, he wrote back... wrote for 9 months, Kevin came home and we were married 6 months later!) I love that we have a record of 9 months of letters to each other, getting to know each other and falling in love (although we definitely let on in our letters!) I truly married the most incredible man i can imagine! He treats me like a queen and takes such good care of me. Seeing him as a father has only made me fall SO much more in love with him! I'm so lucky to be able to spend eternity with my best friend :) Three years down, FOREVER more to go!


Life is moving right along. Ryder is 12 weeks old this week. I love that kid :D He is just so fun to be a mom to. When we are hanging out during the day, he loves to practice "talking" to me. His little voice is so cute and is showing up more and more in his fun noises. He had his 2 month check up last month and he weighed in at 10 lbs 7 oz and 23 in long. He is in about the 60th percentile for length but only about the 30th for weight haha. He's just long and skinny. She said he looks perfect though. He got his shots at that visit and i was SO nervous for him! He cried really hard while they gave him the shots and then once i picked him up and cuddled him he was fine. He's my little champ!


He is alert most of the day now, and is getting on a pretty good schedule with naps and sleeping at night. He has started to sleep through the night more and more lately. YAY!! It's so nice to wake up and realize it's morning not 3 am. I think I'm slowly starting to catch up on the lack of sleep since he was born.

We went on a date this weekend for our anniversary. It was the first time i had left Ryder at home and gone more than a block away. When we walked out the door i had a huge lump in my throat and was on the verge of bursting into tears! Once we made it to the restaurant i was doing better and it was fun to just spend some time with Kevin and not have to worry if Ryder was going to start fussing. I was ready to see him by the time we were done. We hurried home and he was fine of course, just playing with Grandma and Grandpa Briggs. I'm going to have to slowly get used to leaving him i suppose, i just hate leaving my little bud. Also to complicate things, he refuses to take a bottle or binkie! We have been trying all kinds of different bottles and nipples and anything we can think of with no success. However, just recently he has started to at least let us put the bottle in his mouth without screaming... we are making progress!
Yesterday we went down to Orem for dinner and to hang out with my family. We played "the perfect pitch" which is a fun bean bag toss game (sounds lame, actually really fun!) We also played a bit of bocce ball. It felt great outside and it was fun to just relax with the fam. My brother, Colby, is engaged to a girl named Rashell. They make such a cute couple and I'm so excited for them. They are getting married in January because they wanted to wait for Logan to be there. I can't wait, it'll be so much fun!
Ryder loves his bath time so much. I took a few pictures of his bath last night. He just sprawls out and relaxes, it so cute! He's a funny little baby :)

2 comments:

Rashell Nelson said...

Wow amy you look like a freaking super model in the picture of you Kev Ryder and your dad! ..... we didn't play the perfect pitch we played CORN HOLE!!!!! ha ha

The Enoch Family said...

Amy you look great! It does not look like you had a baby. You are so lucky your baby has started sleeping through the night. Occasionally my 1 yr old will, but most of the time I get up with him several times:)