Sunday, February 13, 2011

Feeling Crafty

At night, when Ryder is asleep and Kevin is studying, I love to do little crafts.  I always seem to have at least 5 projects in progress.  Mostly I try and make things out of stuff that I already have around the house since I cant afford to buy a lot of supplies.  I really wanted to make some Valentines stuff for my family.  I LOVE holidays, decorating for them, and LOVE making cute holiday crafts.  It reminds me of being a little kid when most holidays seemed a little more magical.  So I made some little flower clips for the moms, sisters, and nieces.  You can clip them in your hair or pin them on your clothing.


I put them in baby food jars (something I have plenty of) with some candy and tied it with a bow.  I thought they turned out cute. 


Since I didn't have anything for the guys, I decided to make cupcakes.  As Kevin could tell you, I never need a reason to make cupcakes.  As far as I'm concerned, they are their own very important food group!  I love them!  While making these, I got to try out some of my new cupcake making things I got for Christmas.  These cupcakes have chocolate mousse filling in the center and buttercream frosting on top. YUM!


I also made this cute Valentines topiary


I love Valentines Day.  I love to celebrate the love in my life in all forms.  From my husband, Ryder, family and friends.
Happy Valentines Day from us to you!

3 comments:

C*K*J said...

cute.cute.cute! love those flowers!

Jessica said...

Super cute! I LOVE the topiary! How did you make it?

Amy said...

Jessica,
I found the tutorial here:

http://www.theidearoom.net/2010/01/valentines-topiary.html

It's super easy!