Monday, February 4, 2013

Pregnancy Update

I am now 36.5 weeks along. Only 3.5 weeks to go! I have been feeling ok, but there's plenty I complain about regularly to Kevin. It's hard to breathe with this belly taking up all my midsection. It's hard to bed over to do anything! Putting shoes and socks on is ridiculous. I get so exhausted from doing just about anything. My feet and hands are swollen. In fact, I had to switch my regular wedding ring for a fake one that is a little bigger because it was getting to be really hard and painful to take my real one on and off. I know overall I am so lucky. These complaints are all the normal annoyances any pregnant woman goes through. I am measuring right on at all my appointments and baby boy seems healthy and strong. He feels a lot stronger than Ryder did, which I'm hoping means he is bigger. I'm so scared of having to deal with the NICU again! Hopefully everything will go smoothly and we can take this little guy home with us right away! I am showing a lot more than I ever did with Ryder which is reassuring. I am on track to gain about the same amount that I did with Ryder, which is a little more than they recommend, but only by about 5 pounds.
My feelings keep alternating between being really excited to meet and hold this little guy, and being terrified of all the changes that are coming and worrying that I wont be able to handle the stress of caring for two a toddler and a newborn. I know I will figure it out somehow, but it's just a little scary!
I have definitely been in nesting mode lately! I have a huge list of things I want to get done before baby boy comes. I feel exhausted all day, and then I always suddenly get a burst of energy late at night. It's when I feel like I want to get everything done, which isn't that great, because I end up staying up way too late and regretting it the next day. I have made a few things the past week. I made a homemade version of a baby carrier called the Baby K'tan". I think it turned out really nice and I can't wait to try it out. I also made a nursing cover/shawl. I made a big brother shirt for Ryder. I haven't been able to find either of the two car seat canopies that we had with Ryder. I decided just to make one. It was so easy and only took about 2.5 hours to make from start to finish. Everything is slowly getting done, and hopefully we'll get everything ready in the next few weeks. I can't wait to see this little guy!
 Ryder's new shirt


 The car seat canopy. Polka dots on the outside and a cute bicycle print on the inside.

This was taken at 35 weeks

No comments: