Saturday, March 2, 2013


Well, here it is March 2nd, and I'm still pregnant. This little guy is pretty comfortable in there. After you go past your due date, my doctor has you go in twice a week for Non-Stress Tests on the baby. I had my firs one on Friday. They did and ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid levels, which mine were fine. Then they strap a fetal monitor onto my belly and watch him for 20-40 minutes. They watch his heart rate to see if he has at least two accelerations above his baseline rate in the 20 minute period. Our little bud was probably having his nap time right then because he was pretty even on his heart rate. So they took this little noise machine that emits a loud buzz and vibration on my belly just for a second. It doesn't hurt him, just is supposed to startle him and get his heart rate up and down a bit more. It worked a little bit, but they still wanted to see more accelerations, so they buzzed him again. I could really feel him jump when they did it, poor little guy! I hope he wasn't too scared! After the second time, we saw a few good jumps and so they let us go home. I was hoping a little bit they they would say something looked a little off, let's induce you right now! Oh well, it's better that everything is looking healthy! I have another NST on Tuesday, along with my regular OB appointment. Then, if he hasn't come by Thursday, the 7th, I have an induction scheduled that day. I'm really hoping he will come on his own so I wont have to be induced, but it's very nice to at least have a countdown.
I'm feeling huge! Everywhere I go, people are asking me when I'm due and telling me I look like I'm about to  pop! I definitely feel like it! I have gained 47 lbs so far, as of my appointment last Tuesday. I'm so curious how big this little guy will be! I know one thing, he will for sure be bigger than Ryder was at 5lbs 6oz! I'm having a really hard time getting around because I've been having a ton of bad pelvis pain. It's really horrible in the morning! My feet having been swelling like CRAZY! At my last two appointments, I gained a total of 7 lbs in two weeks, while my normal gain has been 1 pound a week. My doctor said it's all water weight which I'll pee out after I have the baby. Yay! I sure hope that's the case. I don't have a single pair of shoes or boots that will fit me right now. Even my flip flops and slippers dig into my feet! I have been borrowing a pair of boots from Kevin's mom because she wears a size or two bigger than me. Other than the pelvis pain and swelling, my other biggest complaint is heartburn. It's SO bad! It woke me up the other night and I had to hurry and sit up in bed because I was going to throw up! Oh  I can't wait for that to be gone!
At this point, I'm just trying to be patient. My doctor offered to induce me starting at 39 weeks, but I've been holding out because I want to avoid some of the problems that induction gave me and Ryder last time. However, I know it becomes less of a healthy environment in the womb as you get closer to 42 weeks, so I don't want to go that far past my due date. If I end up being induced on the 7th, I will be exactly 41 weeks. I'm OK with that! 

This shows how bad the swelling has been getting on my bad days... Elephant feet!!

No comments: