Thursday, October 21, 2010

October Fun

On October 11th our niece, Payton, turned one!  I can't even believe it's been a year already!  She is so dang cute!  She is just a tiny little thing and it's so funny to see her walking and running around.  We all went over to Tyler and Chantelle's for a birthday party.  It was fun to hang out.  Things are definitely getting to be more loud and crazy at family get togethers with three lil' ones running around.  It's fun though.  Payton got a lot of cute gifts and wanted to play with each one right when she opened it.  Chantelle made a giant cupcake just for Payton and it was funny to see her timidly eat it at first like she was thinking, "is this really ok that I'm doing this???"  By the end, she was covered from head to toe in frosting and had half the cake sitting in her lap!


We have been letting Ryder try rice cereal for the past month.  The other day we introduced him to banana baby food.  He wasn't sure if he liked it at first, but he loves it now.



We have a mirror in our car so we can see Ryder from the front seat.  It's so fun to watch him just chillin and looking out the windows.


Last week was Kevin's fall break from school, so one of the days we decided to take Ryder to Wheeler Farms.  He's probably still too young to appreciate the animals there, but it was still fun. 






I love my mummy :)


Ryder loves grabbing his feet when he's on his back.

We let Ryder taste some lemon juice on my finger...  he didn't seem to mind it

Ryder is now five months old and i feel like time is just flying by.  He is so fun and such a sweet boy.  He is doing something new literally everyday.  It's crazy how fast he grows and changes.  He is talking up a storm and i LOVE it.  He has the a smile that melts my heart.  I try everyday to be the kind of mommy i want to be for him, and i always fall short.  I do the best i can though.  I feel so incredibly lucky to have Ryder in our little family and to be his mommy.  He's my sweet angel :)

Tomorrow is Kevin's 25th birthday.  I'm so thankful for him and the amazing husband and father he is.  I couldn't have even dreamed of a more patient, thoughtful, hardworking, funny, amazing man to be married to.  He works so hard going to school.  He wakes up early and leaves to go to class.  He is in class all day and then stays a couple hours afterwards to study in peace and quiet.  Then he comes home and works on homework until about 2 in the morning!  He does that everyday and is so tired all the time.  He knows it will be worth it in the end and so he just keeps on going.  I am so grateful for him!!  I have the best husband and i would be completely lost without him.

I am having a really hard time leaving Ryder at all to go anywhere on a date...  I get a huge lump in my throat and start to panic just thinking about it.  I know i should probably just get over it and that it would get easier the more i do it, but it's really hard for me.  So poor Kevin has had to deal with a long five months of redbox movie rental date nights.  I'm so thankful Kevin has been understanding about this since i don't feel ready yet.  I'm trying to work up the courage to go to a dollar movie without Ryder sometime.  I'm really pathetic, i know.

On Saturday we are having our third annual Halloween party that we put on for our families.  The parties aren't anything big or great, just fun to get together, and dress up of course!  I have not had the time this year to decorate as much i usually would.  It's pretty simple.  Kevin and I are going to be dressing up from the 1940's era.  Ryder is going to be a dragon.  I'm excited to see everyone!  I will have to post pictures from the party next week.

2 comments:

Bree said...

Ryder is sooo adorable! I can't believe how fast they grow! You guys are such a cute little family!

cassie said...

oh amy i was the EXACT same way with riley. i remember scott wanted to stay at a hotel for our anniversary (ry was 4 months) and i was a mess. i booked the hotel so i had to go and she was just staying with my parents but for wks and days before i would just start crying. i hated the thought. of course i had fun and everything but it was so hard. to this day we rarely go out with out my babies. it gets a little easier, but just know you aren't the only mommy like that out there.