Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I Love My Family

This morning it seemed like it was just going to be one of "those" days. It was 1:00 and I still had not got myself ready yet. By this point I was very ready for Ryder to take his nap. I went in to get him to sleep, which he normally doesn't have any problems with, but today he just wouldn't lie down. He would easily fall asleep in my arms, but as soon as I tried to lay him in this crib, he would start crying and stand up. I tried to get him to sleep for an hour and it just wasn't happening. I was really frustrated because if Ryder doesn't take a nap, he is extremely cranky the rest of the day. I was losing my patience with Ryder and snapping at him. My mom called right then with a couple questions about something. I wasn't exactly cheerful on the phone with her. I told her I was frustrated with Ryder. After I got off the phone with my mom, I started crying. I'm not sure why, I guess I was just feeling mad at myself for being so annoyed with Ryder. Ryder was instantly very concerned and kept asking, "Mommy?" I felt so guilty! My mom called back a couple minutes later and asked if they could come up here and we could all go get something to eat. I started crying again and said that I would like that. I hurried and got ready and met up with my mom, dad, and Logan at Costco. My mom bought a really cute church outfit for Ryder. Then we went and got some late lunch. It was really fun for me.

The point of this story is that I'm sure it wasn't the most fun afternoon for my parents or Logan, but it meant a lot to me. They dropped everything and drove half an hour up here just to see me and cheer me up. It was exactly what I needed. I'm really lucky to have a family that cares so much about me! Another really great thing about today was that Ryder ended up not being cranky at all (at least no more that usual). That in and of itself was a miracle! Thanks again Mom, Dad, and Logan!

No comments: