Friday, October 19, 2012

Grandma Nelson's "Spooky Bake"

This past week (Oct 17), Ryder and I went down to Orem to my parent's house for Grandma's Spooky Bake. My grandma Nelson always does a cookie decorating party for all the grand kids at Christmas time. My mom wanted to continue the tradition with her grand kids, but decided to do it at Halloween instead. Hence the name "Spooky Bake." Before decorating cookies, we went to a little pumpkin patch and the kids got to each pick out a pumpkin, as big as they wanted! Ryder really just liked the small "baby" ones. So that's what he got. 
Then we went back to my parents' house and decorated cookies. Ryder and Payton were definitely more interested in just eating the frosting rather than decorating their cookies with it. They definitely all got a lot of sugar. Payton was especially a huge fan of the sprinkles! It was fun and I'm thankful to my mom for doing a fun little party for her grand kids.
 Ryder and Payton at the pumpkin patch

 Me and Ryder with his little pumpkin

 Ryder with my dad

 Ryder anxiously waiting for the frosting

 Yum!!

 Me and my bud

 His finished cookie (with some help from me)

 Mom with her grand babies

 Payton covered in sprinkles ha ha!

 I think the sugar really started to get to Payton!

Me and my mom. I look as white as a ghost next to her!

No comments: